- What are the major differences between a dunk™ pool and a traditional pool?dunk™ pools are made of high grade mill certified quality steel. Steel pools have no functional or esthetic difference to a traditional pool. Their advantages are that they are structurally engineered and install in a fraction of the time. They have no liner and provide an easy plug and play ability to your pool. The cost of a structural steel dunk™ pool is much less than traditional concrete pools.
- What are the major differences between a dunk™ pool and a shipping container pool?dunk™ pools are fully engineered and designed from the ground up with the specific purpose of being a pool, whereas shipping container pools are re-purposed from used shipping containers. dunk™ pools are manufactured with 100% new mill certified materials to ensure structural stability when filled with water. dunk™ engineers have meticulously designed and tested our pools, whereas shipping container pools are simply modified by welding shops. Shipping containers are originally built with ventilation holes and a wood floor; whereas dunk™ pools are constructed entirely out of steel and are designed to hold water.
The other major differences include a greater width, and more of a traditional pool look with smooth wall finish vs the corrugated walls of a re-purposed shipping container.
Finally, dunk™ pools are engineered so they can be installed virtually anywhere; in-ground, semi in-ground or above ground. It is recommended that shipping container pools be installed above ground for adequate pump ventilation as well as for future servicing accessibility if the unit leaks.
- Does the pricing on your website include installation?The short answer is no. As every backyard is different, the pricing for installation has many variables that include but are not limited to site access, type of installation, ground conditions, permitting requirements and how you wish to have the surrounding pool deck finished. In order to provide an accurate installation cost, we offer a no charge site evaluation with a member of our installer network to provide you with a firm quote.
- Where can a dunk™ pool be shipped?dunk™ pools can be shipped virtually anywhere. A crane or suitable lifting equipment is required to lift the unit off the truck and place in your yard.
- How do I get a dunk™ pool into my backyard?dunk™ pools are shipped to site on a flat deck truck and usually require a crane to offload and set in place. Our pools are designed with engineered lifting points built right in that allow a crane or other suitable equipment to safely lift the pool to almost any location, and yes we can lift them over a house or structure to place the pool where you want.
- How long does it take to install a dunk™ pool?Once your pool site has been approved through your local permitting process, with proper planning a typical in ground installation will take between 3-5 business days. Above ground pools can be set up in less than 2 business days. This is significantly less time than the weeks or months required of a traditional in ground pool installation.
- Does my dunk pool™ need to be installed by a professional?Your dunk™ pool should be professionally installed, however a pool installation expert is not required. dunk™ pools come from the factory virtually pre-assembled and ready to use. Simple connections from the pool to the equipment package are required. Anyone with knowledge in excavation, backfilling and underground sprinklers can install a dunk™ pool.
- How long will it take to get my dunk™ pool?Usually the required building permits take some time to process. While this is ongoing, your dunk™ pool is in production so when the permit is approved the pool installation can be carried out in short order. This can take between 6-12 weeks so if you’re looking for a pool for next summer, act now so you get to enjoy your pool for a full season.
- What is the difference between a Spa and a Hot Tub?Many people do not know the difference between a spa and a hot tub, However there are some major differences. A spa is a smaller body of water attached to your pool that uses the same equipment that runs your pool, including your heater. What this means is the spa operates at pool temperature when not in use. When you want to use your spa you need to put the system in spa mode and the spa will begin to heat up. This process takes between 30 and 120 minutes depending on equipment choice and weather conditions to heat the water from pool temperature (80-84°F/27-29°C) to hot tub temperature (100-104°F/38-40°C) This means you are not paying to heat the Spa when not in use. Secondly, a spa does not have all the myriad of jets and massagers like a hot tub. It simply has hot water returns that create some surface turbulence. Hot tubs remain at a set temperature all the time and utilize their own set of equipment (pump, heater etc.).
- What is the coating on a dunk™ pool?dunk™ pools are coated with a specifically formulated coating designed to withstand the conditions of a pool environment. The coating is durable, safe and designed to last 20 years. The coating is not a liner.
- What is the warranty on a dunk™ pool?dunk™ pools come with a 1-3-10 year warranty. 1 year on plumbing, 3 years on pool equipment provided by the equipment manufacturer, 3 years on the coating, and 10 years on structure.
- How long will my dunk™ pool last?dunk™ pools are designed to last 50 years or more. The pump housing and its components have an average lifespan of about 15 years. Water chemistry is the number one reason a pool and its components fail. If water chemistry is kept within acceptable ranges you will maximize the life of your pool.
- Can I use my dunk™ pool year round?dunk™ pools can be used year round in warmer climates however heat loss is a major factor in colder climates. Even in warmer climates it is usually not cost effective to heat a pool year round. It is recommended that pools be winterized in the fall and started up again in the spring.
- Can I use my dunk™ pool as a skating rink in winter?It is not recommended to use your dunk™ pool for this application and will void your warranty.
- Can salt water systems be used in a dunk™ pool?Yes, dunk™ pools are designed to use either chlorine or salt water sanitation systems. Technically, a salt water pool is not chlorine free. Instead, the salt water system automatically converts ordinary salt into chlorine, using less of the harsh chemicals usually required to keep your pool clean. Salt water pools are initially more expensive than a regular chlorine pool because of the up-front investment in the salt chlorine generator system. This difference is usually recouped over time with savings on chemicals required to maintain traditional chlorine systems.
- What colours can I get my dunk™ pool in?Our standard colour is blue as is with most pools, however custom colours can be incorporated into our product at an additional charge.
- How energy efficient is a dunk™ pool?dunk™ pools use the most efficient pump and equipment available in the market today. As an example, the pump consumes about the same amount of power as a 100 watt light bulb during normal operation.
- Can I integrate my dunk™ pool with home automation or use my smart phone/tablet to operate?Yes, dunk pools can be equipped to handle home automation technology and can be operated with a smart phone or tablet with the addition of the appropriate equipment (additional charges may apply).
- Can you customize a dunk™ pool?There are some aspects of a dunk™ pool that can be customized. Entry/stair configurations, salt or chlorine sanitation, smart phone integration, heating options and UV water treatment options are all available. Please use our product builder to customize the perfect dunk™ pool for your backyard.
- How do you winterize a dunk™ pool?We recommend using a pool service company to ensure the process is done correctly and there is no damage to your system from freezing.
- What types of shapes and sizes do dunk™ pools come in?dunk™ pools come in 10 x 10, 10 x 15, 10 x 20, 10 x 25 and 10 x 30 rectangular models. Each pool size is available in 3’, 4’ and 5’ depths.
- Do you offer graduated depths?Our pools are designed to be the same depth throughout.
- Will a dunk™ pool float with a high water table if emptied?No, dunk™ pools are equipped with hydrostatic relief valves to prevent floatation.
- Can a dunk™ pool have a safety cover?Yes. dunk™ pools can be equipped with manual or automatic safety covers.
Need more information? Please wait a half-hour after eating before reaching out. (Just kidding). Contact a dunk product specialist at 1.888.965.3865